Cars are Basic™, Incorporated (CAB™) is a transportation policy watchdog, motor vehicle infrastructure ombudsman and motorist advocacy organization.
Life, liberty, the pursuit of happiness, plentiful employment and a healthy economy depend, in part, on free movement of people, goods and services. We all have a right to the transportation method we choose. CAB, Inc.™ believes that government must uphold this freedom of transportation choice.
The transportation method chosen by the majority of Americans is a motor vehicle fueled by gasoline, electricity, hybrid gasoline/electricity, hydrogen, propane or diesel. Cars are Basic™ believes government's transportation and transportation infrastructure policies should primarily reflect the transportation choice made by the majority of the population.
Cars are Basic™, is a grass roots organization operated solely by volunteers from the Santa Barbara County. We have been reviewing and advocating transportation issues for over 20 years. CAB™, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, tax-exempt organization, and all contributions to it are tax-deductible.
Michael Williams will be the Speaker for CAB in the month of May 2018. Mr. Williams has an extensive background in fire management, and emergency response. He is co-host of Community Alert radio show. In 2006 he founded the Fire Services Training Institute (FSTI) to find solutions to the challenges confronting the volunteer fire service. He has been an active member of California State Firefighters’ Association (CSFA) since 1994. Mr. Williams will bring both an entertaining and informative talk to the CAB May meeting. Come, learn, and enjoy.
1) Promote freedom of choice in transportation and oppose attempts to deny that freedom.
2) Monitor government transportation policies and distribute information about those policies.
3) Advocate a system of properly engineered, well-maintained roadways which enable the safe and efficient movement of motor vehicles.
4) Advance the principle that alternative means of transportation, such as public mass transit, ride or car sharing, bicycles, skateboards, or walking cannot be government mandates. They must remain a choice to which everyone has a right to make or not make.
5) Oppose publicly-funded, alternative transportation programs which: are frivolous uses of taxpayer funds intended to cater to politicians' favored constituencies, gratify a special interest or redistribute wealth.
6) Explain the contribution that motor vehicles make to a healthy economy.
CLICK HERE to join our Free CABMAIL™ Email, and receive CABALERTS™ in your inbox with current issues that affect you, and news that will inform you, or simply send an email to CAB@carsarebasic.org, with the Message "Send CABMAIL" in the subject. Your email address will only be used for CAB official communications, and WILL NOT be shared, sold or bartered with anyone! You may unsubscribe anytime with the message "Stop CABMAIL" in the subject.
Your AD Here
Please Donate to our PR Campaign and help us to spread the word about our campaign by clicking on the "Donate" button in left column. This helps fund our projects, such as Katie Kluk radio ads.