Cars are Basic™, Incorporated (CAB™) is a transportation policy watchdog, motor vehicle infrastructure ombudsman and motorist advocacy organization since 1998.
Life, liberty, the pursuit of happiness, plentiful employment and a healthy economy depend, in part, on free movement of people, goods and services. We all have a right to the transportation method we choose. CAB, Inc.™ believes that government must uphold this freedom of transportation choice.
The transportation method chosen by the majority of Americans is a motor vehicle fueled by gasoline, electricity, hybrid gasoline/electricity, hydrogen, propane or diesel. Cars are Basic™ believes government's transportation and transportation infrastructure policies should primarily reflect the transportation choice made by the majority of the population.
Cars are Basic™, is a grass roots organization operated solely by volunteers from the Santa Barbara County. We have been reviewing and advocating transportation issues for over 20 years. CAB™, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, tax-exempt organization, and all contributions to it are tax-deductible.
On March 8th and 9th, 2019 TROG presented The Santa Barbara Drags, a true homage to automobile and motorcycle history, a race like no other, vintage and antique auto exhibits, reliving a simpler time of when guys were gentlemen and cars were king! At Cabrillo Blvd. by 9:00 AM the parking was at a premium, and by 10:00 AM there was no nearby parking. The Beach front was jammed with people. It was interesting to prove, that to be able to fit all the cars in the show with diagonal parking on Cabrillo, there will not be any room for special event and Summer traffic. If there is an emergency with the street narrowing, Cabrillo will be a catastrophe. MISSED THE TROG? You missed a great one, and proof that if the City of SB wants tens of thousands of tourist to turn out and spend $millions, throw a car friendly event!
Goleta City Staff admitted they have not done a baseline study from the beginning of the City till now. Goleta Traffic Planning is "pie in the sky" planning based upon what they cannot prove. They failed with the West Hollister multi-modal path, and now want to continue with millions of dollars of taxpayer money for more failure.
The next CAB Board Monthly Meeting will be 6:30 PM on the last Wednesday of the Month, the 27th of March, 2019 at Santa Barbara IHOP. (Click for map.) The February Meeting was at capacity despite the heavy rain, and March will have a special guest.
1) Promote freedom of choice in transportation and oppose attempts to deny that freedom.
2) Monitor government transportation policies and distribute information about those policies.
3) Advocate a system of properly engineered, well-maintained roadways which enable the safe and efficient movement of motor vehicles.
4) Advance the principle that alternative means of transportation, such as public mass transit, ride or car sharing, bicycles, skateboards, or walking cannot be government mandates. They must remain a choice to which everyone has a right to make or not make.
5) Oppose publicly-funded, alternative transportation programs which: are frivolous uses of taxpayer funds intended to cater to politicians' favored constituencies, gratify a special interest or redistribute wealth.
6) Explain the contribution that motor vehicles make to a healthy economy.
CLICK HERE to join our Free CABMAIL™ Email, and receive CABALERTS™ in your inbox with current issues that affect you, and news that will inform you, or simply send an email to CAB@carsarebasic.org, with the Message "Send CABMAIL" in the subject. Your email address will only be used for CAB official communications, and WILL NOT be shared, sold or bartered with anyone! You may unsubscribe anytime with the message "Stop CABMAIL" in the subject.
Your AD Here
Please Donate to our PR Campaign and help us to spread the word about our campaign by clicking on the "Donate" button in left column. This helps fund our projects, such as Katie Kluk radio ads.
Donations are tax-deductible.
1180 Eugenia Place, Suite 220 Carpinteria, CA 93013-2000 (805) 960-5211 email@example.com