Cars are Basic™, Incorporated (CAB™) is a transportation policy watchdog, motor vehicle infrastructure ombudsman and motorist advocacy organization since 1998.
Life, liberty, the pursuit of happiness, plentiful employment and a healthy economy depend, in part, on free movement of people, goods and services. We all have a right to the transportation method we choose. CAB, Inc.™ believes that government must uphold this freedom of transportation choice.
The transportation method chosen by the majority of Americans is a motor vehicle fueled by gasoline, electricity, hybrid gasoline/electricity, hydrogen, propane or diesel. Cars are Basic™ believes government's transportation and transportation infrastructure policies should primarily reflect the transportation choice made by the majority of the population.
Cars are Basic™, is a grass roots organization operated solely by volunteers from the Santa Barbara County. We have been reviewing and advocating transportation issues for over 20 years. CAB™, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, tax-exempt organization, and all contributions to it are tax-deductible.
The November meeting is the 28th of November at the Santa Barbara IHOP, State and Valerio Streets. The December Meeting / Party will be on the 5th of December at Cody's Restaurant in the Turnpike Shopping Center. Gather at 6:00 - bring a gift for our always fun gift exchange...... Please email or call in Reservations!
Monthly CAB Board Meetings are open to public at 6:30PM on the last Wednesday of the month typically at IHOP. (Click for map.)
Congratulations to the Goleta Old Town Organization for being awarded 1st Place Award from the Neighborhoods Association in the category of Neighborhood Revitalization / Neighborliness. The award was presented in Birmingham, AL. CAB has backed the Goleta Old Town Organization in its efforts to maintain Old Town "originality" and the middle class feel. Congratulations from the CAB Board!
1) Promote freedom of choice in transportation and oppose attempts to deny that freedom.
2) Monitor government transportation policies and distribute information about those policies.
3) Advocate a system of properly engineered, well-maintained roadways which enable the safe and efficient movement of motor vehicles.
4) Advance the principle that alternative means of transportation, such as public mass transit, ride or car sharing, bicycles, skateboards, or walking cannot be government mandates. They must remain a choice to which everyone has a right to make or not make.
5) Oppose publicly-funded, alternative transportation programs which: are frivolous uses of taxpayer funds intended to cater to politicians' favored constituencies, gratify a special interest or redistribute wealth.
6) Explain the contribution that motor vehicles make to a healthy economy.
CLICK HERE to join our Free CABMAIL™ Email, and receive CABALERTS™ in your inbox with current issues that affect you, and news that will inform you, or simply send an email to CAB@carsarebasic.org, with the Message "Send CABMAIL" in the subject. Your email address will only be used for CAB official communications, and WILL NOT be shared, sold or bartered with anyone! You may unsubscribe anytime with the message "Stop CABMAIL" in the subject.
Your AD Here
Please Donate to our PR Campaign and help us to spread the word about our campaign by clicking on the "Donate" button in left column. This helps fund our projects, such as Katie Kluk radio ads.
Donations are tax-deductible.
1180 Eugenia Place, Suite 220 Carpinteria, CA 93013-2000 (805) 960-5211 email@example.com