Cars are Basic™, Incorporated (CAB™) is a transportation policy watchdog, motor vehicle infrastructure ombudsman and motorist advocacy organization since 1998.
Life, liberty, the pursuit of happiness, plentiful employment and a healthy economy depend, in part, on free movement of people, goods and services. We all have a right to the transportation method we choose. CAB, Inc.™ believes that government must uphold this freedom of transportation choice.
The transportation method chosen by the majority of Americans is a motor vehicle fueled by gasoline, electricity, hybrid gasoline/electricity, hydrogen, propane or diesel. Cars are Basic™ believes government's transportation and transportation infrastructure policies should primarily reflect the transportation choice made by the majority of the population.
Cars are Basic™, is a grass roots organization operated solely by volunteers from the Santa Barbara County. We have been reviewing and advocating transportation issues for over 20 years. CAB™, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, tax-exempt organization, and all contributions to it are tax-deductible.
The next CAB Board Monthly Meeting will be
6:30 PM on the
last Wednesday of the Month,
June 24, 2020
Santa Barbara IHOP. (Click for map.)
Topics for this month include:
The City of Goleta has stepped in it big time - CEQA AND COASTAL COMMISSION.
Santa Barbara has created a joke with their bike plan.
There is the issue of Solvang - this could be really big - included in the virtual Santa Ynez Valley Traffic Circulation and Safety Meeting 5-6:30PM Tuesday, May 19, 2020. Click to register for meeting.
SBCAG's TrafficSolutions still reports as of 6/19/2020 that, "In response to COVID-19, early morning Pacific Surfliner train service is canceled until further notice."
1) Promote freedom of choice in transportation and oppose attempts to deny that freedom.
2) Monitor government transportation policies and distribute information about those policies.
3) Advocate a system of properly engineered, well-maintained roadways which enable the safe and efficient movement of motor vehicles.
4) Advance the principle that alternative means of transportation, such as public mass transit, ride or car sharing, bicycles, skateboards, or walking cannot be government mandates. They must remain a choice to which everyone has a right to make or not make.
5) Oppose publicly-funded, alternative transportation programs which: are frivolous uses of taxpayer funds intended to cater to politicians' favored constituencies, gratify a special interest or redistribute wealth.
6) Explain the contribution that motor vehicles make to a healthy economy.
CLICK HERE to join our Free CABMAIL™ Email, and receive CABALERTS™ in your inbox with current issues that affect you, and news that will inform you, or simply send an email to CAB@carsarebasic.org, with the Message "Send CABMAIL" in the subject. Your email address will only be used for CAB official communications, and WILL NOT be shared, sold or bartered with anyone! You may unsubscribe anytime with the message "Stop CABMAIL" in the subject.
Your AD Here
Please Donate to our PR Campaign and help us to spread the word about our campaign by clicking on the "Donate" button in left column. This helps fund our projects, such as Katie Kluk radio ads.
Donations are tax-deductible.
1180 Eugenia Place, Suite 220 Carpinteria, CA 93013-2000 (805) 960-5211 firstname.lastname@example.org